About Tempus Ex
Tempus Ex is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Harnessing the latest AI, ML, and data science technologies from the autonomous driving space alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment and technology leaders, we have partnered with top global sports leagues, broadcasters, and gaming companies to bring sports technology into the 21st century.
Utilizing our unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events, developing a stack of cloud and edge compute ML systems which deliver bleeding-edge data sets for broadcast, gaming, fantasy, analytics, statistics, and much more.
Led by a team hailing from the sports and technology sectors, we are always on the lookout for the next generation of self starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize sports and entertainment. You’ll be in great company, counting alumni from Apple, BitTorrent, Facebook, Intel and Tesla as your colleagues.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the tech and sports landscapes. We care that you are hungry to join a tight-knit, collaborative team that hails from all walks of life. We will give you the space to put your amazing skills to work at a breakneck pace, shipping products to millions of people who will have instant gratification.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
About This Role
Build out our engineering team and establish a culture of excellence and collaboration. Lead, inspire, and challenge engineers to deliver the best work of their career.
- Team Leadership: Hire, train, motivate, mentor, and empower engineers. Clearly define individual roles and responsibilities, generate engineering buy-in, allocate engineering resources and manage progress as well as overall team happiness.
- Technical Leadership: Act as a check and balance system relative to key architecture decisions and other key technical trade-offs.
- Execution: Create and maintain development processes that ensure high quality products can be delivered against your engineering deadlines and achieve product goals/business priorities. As the team and company scales, identify inefficiencies and implement methods to streamline execution.
- Customers/Users: Engage and represent the company in a way that will establish credibility and confidence with customers/users.
- History of strong leadership to drive world-class engineering recruiting.
- Versed in cloud architecture including server-less approaches with AWS Lambda.
- Deep technical background in applied machine learning, spanning some or all of deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, personalization, human-in-the-loop, etc.
- Enthusiasm to roll up your sleeves and dive deep on technical issues.
- Ability to formulate and articulate strategy/vision and effectively drive consensus across the organization.
- Skilled with technical communications at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational judgment and problem-solving.
- Proven track record of shipping software products that have high performance, scalability, and that are designed with testability in mind.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Familiarity with Go, Rust or C++, Python, and GraphQL or gRPC.
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO.
- Gym/Fitness: Gym reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- Travel: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- Flexible Hours: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- Health Insurance: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) Matching: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- Workshops/Conferences: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.