Tempus Ex is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Harnessing the latest AI, ML, and data science technologies from the autonomous driving space alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment and technology leaders, we have partnered with top global sports leagues, broadcasters, and gaming companies to bring sports technology into the 21st century.
Utilizing our unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events, developing a stack of cloud and edge compute ML systems which deliver bleeding-edge data sets for broadcast, gaming, fantasy, analytics, statistics, and much more.
Led by a team hailing from the sports and technology sectors, we are always on the lookout for the next generation of self starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize sports and entertainment. You’ll be in great company, counting alumni from Apple, BitTorrent, Facebook, Intel and Tesla as your colleagues.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the tech and sports landscapes. We care that you are hungry to join a tight-knit, collaborative team that hails from all walks of life. We will give you the space to put your amazing skills to work at a breakneck pace, shipping products to millions of people who will have instant gratification.
We can't wait to hear from you.
We are building a data pipeline that can handle image recognition data from 20 or more cameras at a sporting event. This is a lot of data and bandwidth to contend with, and we have to balance what we do on the edge and in the cloud.
Sports leagues have different types of player tracking systems to contend with. The accuracy and latency of these systems can be utilized in our data science efforts.
- Grow and nurture teams as needed, hire, promote, manage and mentor leaders for each of them.
- Run a best-in-class engineering process to maximize work quality and team productivity.
- Keep and grow our engineering culture, focus on building the best product and providing value.
- Keep yourself, team leads and Engineering as a whole accountable at all times.
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies.
- Facilitate delivery of cross team initiatives.
- Lead teams of talented engineers and data scientists to build new software and data products
- Help design the product's architecture and technical roadmap
- Manage timelines and identify when deliverables are at risk and formulate alternatives
- Help the team balance competing priorities
- Foster a culture of improvement and collaboration
- Understand and implement best practices around building and running high-performing engineering teams
- Integrate with our research team to build bleeding edge signals to solve disinformation
Your background and characteristics:
- You have deep technical background in applied machine learning, spanning some or all of deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, personalization, human-in-the-loop, etc. Expertise in video is a plus.
- Needs to be very technical or hands-on with ML/AI models, AWS, Python, R, SVM, Logistic/Linear Regression
- Deep Learning (CNN/RNN) and Big Data Knowledge
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at the executive level, including interacting with and influencing other leaders to set business strategy and untangle complex decisions and issues
- You bring deep industry experience necessary to advise against suboptimal strategies, quickly pushing the team towards proven solutions
- You have an eye for product where you relentlessly put the customer at the heart of any of your strategic decisions
- You have previously led data teams that brought algorithms and tooling to accelerate machine learning impact
- You are excited to acquire, retain, and grow an expert team comprised of both individual contributors and leaders and are adept at helping them.
- GENEROUS VACATION: Unlimited PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum.
- GYM/FITNESS: Gym reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- TRAVEL: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) CONTRIBUTION: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.