Job ID: 334
We’re looking for an experienced principal level engineer to join our M3 team. The M3 team at Two Six Technologies is building systems to decode the Chinese Government’s manipulation of the information space. We combine signal-rich proprietary data, novel AI-Powered technology, and world-class expertise to deliver valuable insights to our US government and Fortune 50 clients.
As an M3 Principal Engineer you will be a senior member of the engineering team who are building and supporting M3’s data collection and analysis systems. You will design and build Python applications, as well as leverage technologies including Lambdas, Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and more. We are consistently evolving our systems to use the latest cloud computing technologies within AWS, and you will help guide and build that evolution.
You'll work with members of our data science, subject matter expert, and product teams. Our product mascot is a shark and one of our team values is “good shark vibes”: we strive to solve problems collaboratively, innovate and respond to feedback, and include, thank, celebrate, and be kind to our team members.“ In this role, you will embody the good shark vibes value, working on your own and with your team to find creative solutions and tackle challenging problems with cutting-edge technology.
- Design and implement solutions in Python using the full suite of AWS cloud computing capabilities including both traditional server-based solutions and serverless ones
- Operate in a collaborative, agile environment with a focus on taking action and enabling team success
- People management of a team of up to six engineers working on M3 and other projects within our organization
- Create proofs-of-concept, prototypes, and other solutions to quickly test ideas and enable data analysis, as well as design and build production solutions
- Provide direction and guidance in the strategic maturation of existing infrastructure
- Help us achieve and maintain compliance with information security best practices
- Engage with peers across the company to review and help ensure our team delivers maintainable and extensible solutions
- Share your knowledge with, and learn from your colleagues in all parts of the company
- Senior level experience with Python in production systems. Experience with Python web frameworks such as Flask or Django is a plus.
- Practical experience designing, deploying, and tuning production systems built using AWS cloud computing technologies
- Proficiency developing and using APIs, microservices, asynchronous tasks, ORMs, and task queues
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience tuning and troubleshooting Linux based systems
- Proficiency with unit testing, integration testing, and functional testing
- Enthusiasm for Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of which tools are currently best practice for a given problem, but also the ability to think of solutions beyond those
- Ability to work in a fully remote team with a diverse set of skills and life experiences
- Experience leading a team or teams of software engineers
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing at all levels of technical expertise, including to non-technical colleagues
- Ability to creatively solve problems and learn quickly and independently
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK)
- Previous experience evolving solutions from a PoC to enterprise quality solution
- Prior experience with people management is a plus but not a requirement
- Previous experience mentoring engineers in code structure and software engineering practices
- Eligibility for Security clearance
- 100% Remote