TWO NIL is a growth consultancy that uses a holistic approach to create profitable go to market campaigns – at scale. We provide clients with vertically integrated, unbundled solutions across their acquisition marketing needs, from strategy & planning to execution and optimization & modeling/forecasting. Our clients represent best of breed brands across a diverse range of verticals and geographies.
The Data Scientist develops models and statistical analyses to predict marketing outcomes (e.g. sales and revenue) and understands the impact of advertising investments across multiple channels for companies in various industries. The Data Scientist will be responsible for data prep, model development, model deployment, and maintenance to ensure quality and accuracy. Will provide analytical support to drive business insights for marketing and advertising campaigns. This position requires strong analytical skills in understanding and applying machine learning and optimization techniques as well as the experience in developing in-production data science applications.
- Develop innovative modeling approaches for better understanding of the consumer response and the impact of advertising across multiple channels.
- Apply state-of-the-art optimization algorithms to guide efficient media budget allocation.
- Partner with consulting team to generate actionable recommendations to help clients make data-driven marketing decisions.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering in productionizing and deploying data science applications.
- Document technical details of work to improve collaboration with other team members.
- Guide and mentor junior analysts in best practice regarding methodology.
- Keep pace of development in marketing research and continuously drive best practices in the development environment.
- Master’s degree or above in statistics, computer science, data science, mathematics, economics or other quantitative field
- 2+ years professional work experience in statistical analysis and model development
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and experienced in applying them in real life problems
- Experience in applying advanced Bayesian modeling techniques is a plus
- Proficiency in querying databases (SQL) and leveraging programming languages (Python etc.) to analyze complex datasets
- Familiarity with end-to-end data science workflow and various model deployment methods
- Working knowledge in relational database and Amazon Web Services: Redshift, S3, Athena, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing analytics and advertising is a plus
As a TWO NIL employee you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, fitness reimbursement, parental leave and more)
- Community/Volunteer Service – up to 40 hours of paid time off
- Catered lunches and stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, snacks, premium coffee & tea, and cold brew coffee
- Ongoing learning and classes for employees
- Team events and outings
- Our team is working remotely due to COVID-19, this is subject to change
About TWO NIL:
Founded in 2011, TWO NIL is a leading growth consultancy with strategy, analytics, and media activation at its core, serving the top direct-to-consumer brands. TWO NIL provides clients with unbundled solutions across their acquisition marketing needs, from growth strategy to execution, media activation, optimization and forecasting. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, TWO NIL is a trusted guide to corporations across the nation, including 23andMe, Bombas, Dollar Shave Club, Experian, Glassdoor, Blue Apron, RxSense, and many others. To learn more, please visit https://www.twonil.com/.