TWO NIL is a growth consultancy that uses a holistic approach to create profitable go to market campaigns – at scale. We provide clients with vertically integrated, unbundled solutions across their acquisition marketing needs, from strategy & planning to execution and optimization & modeling/forecasting. Our clients represent best of breed brands across a diverse range of verticals and geographies.
In this role, you will work with a Data Science team and produce actionable quantitative models and analyses to address the challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, TV spot attribution, channel effectiveness, and pricing.
You will learn and apply TWO NIL’s holistic approach - we combine analytics with industry expertise to uncover the true drivers of a client's business using Marketing Mix Models and build profitable, scalable campaigns for our clients from strategy development to execution and optimization. You will serve as the analytics expert on our client facing team and work with cross-functional client delivery teams to ensure high value, on-time deliverables. You will have the option of mentoring or managing a team of high performing and experienced Data Scientists and Analysts.
This position requires strong leadership and technical skills and experiences in methods including common regressions/classifications methods, Bayesian hierarchical models, linear/nonlinear optimizations, regression trees, clustering methods and other complex statistical and machine learning techniques. You will bring successful experience leading a Data Science team through the implementation of new data science models, tools, and techniques that lead to business performance improvement. You will work closely with the Executives and senior management and be responsible for building and implementing best practices within this department as well as integrating throughout the organization.
Analytics and Insights
- Mentor or manage a team of Data Scientists and Analysts to produce actionable quantitative models and analyses to address the challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, TV spot attribution, channel effectiveness, and pricing
- Lead analytics aspects of client engagements in the areas of spot attribution, marketing mix modeling, client reporting and ad hoc analyses
- Perform strategically important analyses on client accounts
- Oversee and conduct descriptive analyses to identify, analyze and interpret trends or anomalies in data.
- Translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information into client friendly recommendations and directions for varying client audiences via PowerPoint
- Participate in client calls and meetings to meet and exceed client KPIs and advertising goals as well as to provide analytic insight and background into client deliverables
- Anticipate client needs and proactively developing recommendations and solutions
- Serve as analytics expert when presenting reports, POVs and other summaries to clients as needed
Leadership & Cross Team Alignment
- Recruit, train, inspire, mentor, manage and develop the Data Science team
- Institutionalize the process/methodologies to ensure quality client deliverables, as well as graceful, effective troubleshooting that meets (and exceeds) client expectations
- Manage and coordinate with other departments to ensure that disruptions to client reporting is minimized
- Participate in Pre-Sales/Sales activities to address critical client concerns regarding marketing effectiveness, marketing mix analysis, pricing strategy
- Work with product teams to provide insight and support for scalable analytic solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, mathematics, marketing analytics, economics or other quantitative or science fields
- Advanced degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied science preferred
- 7+ years of quantitative analytics experience (ideally with strong focus on marketing analytics in advertising)
- Experience in statistical analysis and model development
- Proven success with problem solving and analytical reasoning skills
- Experience in developing scalable analytics solutions
- Strong executive presence and experience leading multi-functional teams
- Successful track record supporting client relationships through effective partnership with internal and external client teams
- Good understanding of predictive analytics, optimization and marketing mix
- A pragmatic attitude to modeling emphasizing completeness and consistency and usefulness of models
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze and identify discrepancies within sophisticated models and effectively give guidance to troubleshoot
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in relational databases and SQL
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
As a TWO NIL employee you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account and more)
- Fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches and stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, snacks, premium coffee & tea, and cold brew coffee
- Ongoing learning and classes for employees
- Team events and outings
- Our team is working remotely due to COVID-19, this is subject to change
About TWO NIL:
Founded in 2011, TWO NIL is a leading growth consultancy with strategy, analytics, and media activation at its core, serving the top direct-to-consumer brands. TWO NIL provides clients with unbundled solutions across their acquisition marketing needs, from growth strategy to execution, media activation, optimization and forecasting. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, TWO NIL is a trusted guide to corporations across the nation, including 23andMe, Bombas, Dollar Shave Club, Experian, Glassdoor, Blue Apron, RxSense, and many others. To learn more, please visit https://www.twonil.com/.