Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Are you someone who wants to influence how community engagement works across the world's biggest live streaming service? Do you have a background in technical management and get excited by the idea of building tools that let individuals reach a global audience? Are you passionate about delivering products that delight millions? If so, we'd love you to meet our team who is on the leading edge of online entertainment and changing the way people watch.
We are looking for an experienced program owner who will oversee the delivery of large-scale multi-department projects end-to-end and report to the Director of Technical Program Management for Community Products. Most of our team is located in San Francisco, CA but you can work remotely or from any of our offices in Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY.
- Manage the execution strategy that tackles broad and ambiguous product and engineering problems.
- Harmonize discordant views and crisply communicate with a technical audience of Directors and VPs alike.
- Refine or eliminate excess processes and influence teams to resolve architecture problems that stifle innovation.
- Unblock delivery by advising on team priorities, resource allocation, and risk mitigation.
- 6+ years of experience as a technical manager, program, engineering lead, or equivalent.
- Influenced leaders and partners from senior individual contributor to director/VP levels of organizations.
- Technical proficiency that lets you to contribute to architectural discussions, identify risks, and influence strategy.
- Project management expertise that allows you to bring clarity to unsolved problem spaces.
- Experience developing and running programs to support always-on software development.
- Direct experience with consumer web software development as a program, engineering, or project manager
- Developed or ran large-scale roadmap planning process
- You have a favorite Twitch streamer
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $157,500 - $192,500 yr and in New York City is $173,250 - $211,750 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7706