Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is a managed live video service, within Amazon Web Services (AWS), built on top of Twitch Video. As one of the largest live video networks, IVS powers companies using live video to uniquely engage and build communities, just as it does for Twitch, where a billion+ hours are live streamed monthly.
The IVS Data Platform team develops and operates the platform that enables IVS's data-informed decision-making. Our data pipeline receives data in real-time and we forward live data to numerous systems while enabling IVS data engineers to extract the datasets they need to empower our business analysts. We provide tools to ingest, store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a software engineer on IVS Data Platform, you will deliver the next generation of IVS data technology. Using Go and Python, you will build tools which are reliable and scale. You'll review and shape the work of your peers and participate in a high performing engineering team.
You can work in San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, or remotely in the USA or Canada.
- Develop new capabilities in our data warehouses and pipelines.
- Improve the reliability, flexibility, and scalability of our existing tools.
- Collaborate on our vision as we scale.
- 5+ years with software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Go or Python.
- 2+ years working with distributed, highly available systems.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences.
- Experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient experience in one of the following languages: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, and C++
- You have experience with AWS data services such as Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3, Amazon Kinesis, and AWS Glue.
- You have made petabytes of data useful to your customers.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(CO, CT, WA, NJ, NY Pay Transparency, otherwise REMOVE)
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $178,020 - $217,580 yr and in New York City is $195,840 - $239,360 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7699