Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. Your role will be an essential opportunity to scale our payouts for our broadcasters. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make a direct impact to our success. We are seeking an experienced individual with both a vision and drive for operational excellence, standardizing processes and implementing best practices. This role will report to the Senior Manager - Platform Accounting. The ability to solve complex problems with a positive, "can-do" attitude is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA or Remotely.
- Support month-end close related to Platform Accounting payment accounts. This includes preparing journal entries, reconciliations, margin analytics, and flux analysis related to content costs.
- Own new product testing related to creator earnings. Work with product teams to identify and resolve upstream data issues.
- Perform operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency of new lines of business following SOX controls.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Work with Tax, Legal, Finance Business Integration, and Product teams to provide user requirements and perform testing for projects affecting content creator earnings.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
- Determine accounting treatment for new products and lines of business.
- Coordinate with FP&A Finance function to understand budget and forecasting for products launching and measure budget vs. actuals.
- Manage, develop, and train two FTE personnel.
- 6+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company, media and entertainment industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unphased by large datasets.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four or public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations is preferred.
- Systems knowledge of SQL, NetSuite, SAP, and Tableau.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $139,100 - $188,200 yr and in New York City is $153,000 - $207,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7631