Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day fulfillment of duties for its Safety Operations team in the Americas region.
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. The Senior Director of Safety Operations (Americas) will therefore be an essential element of the Trust & Safety team, helping to coordinate the efforts of global moderation units across multiple locations.
Reporting to the VP of Global Safety Operations, this position will help serve our growing community. We look for the qualities of professionalism, initiative, and sound decision-making in all candidates, and will be seeking someone with an extensive background in operational management in the fields of online Trust & Safety, content moderation or customer service.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Lead and develop Twitch's Safety Operations team in the Americas region in order to support business needs and trends across a wide range of markets
- Manage and mentor team members, including line managers and individual contributors
- Work with global management peers to own:
- Forecasting of expected workload, working to accuracy targets and experimenting with methodologies and inputs to continually approve
- Resourcing and scheduling of appropriate resources, in line with forecasts, to fulfill the processing of all workload within defined Service Level Agreements
- Implementation of quality assurance, training and downstream impact programs
- Own the tracking and achievement of key metrics and KPIs, taking proactive measures to ensure achievement of target performance levels
- Work cross-functionally throughout the Twitch business to coordinate relevant work, with particular emphasis on Partnerships, Legal, Comms, Policy, CX, and Product teams
- Deliver on large projects and initiatives in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Develop strategies for performance management and operational efficiency improvements
- Interface regularly with Trust & Safety global leadership, working across international time zones to ensure issue response in line with the nature of a live streaming service
- Represent Twitch Trust & Safety at relevant safety events, industry gatherings/working groups and external collaborations
- Aid the Moderation teams in the handling of sensitive or disturbing content including CSAM or potentially illegal video or images
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years in an online safety, moderation or customer service field, with 5+ years of direct management experience
- Expertise in the creation and development of large operational teams
- Extensive familiarity with a wide range of cultural considerations and nuances in the Americas region
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating operational teams to meet the demands of a fast-paced online service or platform
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Deep familiarity with Twitch, streaming, and internet culture
- Proficiency with SQL, Tableau or other data transformation/analytics techniques
- Additional language skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and content or community management tools
- Proficiency with Twitch chat bots
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $158,600 - $214,500 yr and in New York City is $174,400 - $236,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7303