Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance manager to join Twitch's FP&A team as the Lead finance business partner to the Video and Technical Infrastructure teams. As the Video and Technical Infrastructure finance manager, you will work closely with the team that builds and operates the world-class infrastructure that powers Twitch's Live Streaming service around the world. It is a complex, technical area encompassing data centers, point of presence and networks, with substantial capital investments that will continue to scale with our growth. In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of Twitch's infrastructure systems and guide our short and longer term investments strategy. You will collaborate cross-functionally across Finance and the Video and Technical Infrastructure teams to deliver financial insights, identify efficiency opportunities, and strengthen our reporting and financial controls.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Irvine, CA; or Seattle, WA.
- Partner with Video and Technical Infrastructure business partners to plan, forecast, and report on spend.
- Deliver insights into cost drivers and identify risks and opportunities with actionable recommendations.
- Deliver investment recommendations supported by robust financial analysis and critical thinking.
- Drive financial models and analyses for Technology and Video Infrastructure
- Design new processes, enhance existing reports, and build new models that make our financial data more actionable
- Use data and creativity to architect metrics, report on the health of business, forecast future performance, and analyze opportunities.
- Work with Technical Infrastructure business partners to plan, forecast, and report on spend guided by key business drivers.
- Collaborate and lead projects with cross-functional teams and partners, including Technical Infrastructure business partners, Accounting, Finance, Internal Audit, Systems, and Engineering teams.
- Deliver insights into drivers of growth, costs, user metrics, market trends, and identify risks and opportunities with actionable recommendations.
- Established tolerance for ambiguity, ability to self-direct without a lot of structure and supervision
- Strong Excel modeling and data analytical skills (experience with SQL a plus)
- Ability to understand trends in data, build forecasts, develop insights, and turn them into strategies
- Effective partnership and influencing skills with cross-functional partners such as Finance, Product, Engineering, and Strategy and Operations teams
- Effective problem-solving, financial modeling, and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and strategic thinking
- Strong work ethics and demonstrated ability to roll-up the sleeves and work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects without compromising work quality
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with Finance Systems (Cognos TM1, Oracle OFA, and/or SAP)
- Passion for Twitch and gaming
- Ability to find simplicity in complexity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $139,100 - $188,200 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7191