Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are focused on building a new generation of discovery experience for Twitch. We are helping our customers discover relevant content in a natural way. We build systems that are distributed on a large-scale and able to handle hundreds of gigabytes of data traffic. As an Engineer on the Twitch Content Retrieval team you will work with a team of accomplished engineers in building and operating scalable retrieval and ranking systems using machine learning techniques to improve retrieval, relevance, and working with product management and applied science teams to design new services.
You can work in San Francisco, Irvine, CA and Seattle, WA; We are remote flexible.
- Develop performant, responsive major software web services and large-scale applications
- Embrace engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and well written documentation
- Participate in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex projects together
- Apply the operational excellence best practices to the existing and new services
- Report to the Engineering Manager for the search team.
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience of Software development in a general purpose programming languages: Go, C/C++, Python, Java
- Experience developing applications or web services at scale
- Ability to write production quality code
- Passion for operational excellence and process improvement
- MS in CS or related field with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- PhD in CS or related field with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in one or many of the following areas
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Search systems such as Elastic, SORL, Lucene, and Algolia
- In memory important value stores such as memcache, Redis
- SQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB / MySQL
- Build large-scale data pipelines
- Work in high energy small startup environments
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages.
- Experience making contributions to open source projects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $152,100 - $185,900 yr and in New York City is $167,310 - $204,490 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7114