Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building experiences that allow Creators to have a career streaming on Twitch. The Commerce Products team builds and owns features at the forefront of this, i.e., Subscriptions and Cheering. As an Engineering Leader reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you will be focused on growing creators' revenue and you will lead people to build products, features and experiences. You will be empowered to work across the stack and throughout the company. You will take high ownership of your services - building and operating them. You will partner with other engineering leaders, product managers, designers, data specialists and program managers to create solutions.
Preference for Seattle, WA-based candidates, however Remote, US will be considered. (The engineering team is Seattle, WA based)
- Lead a team of engineers to design, build and operate full stack consumer-facing applications
- Establish a clear vision for your team and produce clarity and urgency
- Use data to make decisions; particularly when it comes to operational health and quality
- Hire and coach people; you articulate behaviors and impacts that can grow careers
- Dissect trade offs and lead teams to make conscious choices.
- Parse, ingest, challenge and reframe proposals / plans for the better and in a constructive way.
- 5+ years of experience with web services, cloud infrastructure, and system design.
- Skills to hire and develop top engineering talent.
- Experience communicating complex problems or situations with simple concepts.
- Willingness to accept feedback from teammates.
- Comfort when operating within an ambiguous and Agile environment.
- History leading teams to design, implement and operate consumer-facing applications.
- Experience as a Sr. Engineer designing, implementing and operating distributed applications.
- Familiarity with Twitch, either as a viewer or creator (or both!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $ 195,840 - 239,360 yr; and in New York City is $ 215,370 - $ 263,230 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7066