Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The API Platform team builds high-traffic, internet-facing services that power Twitch websites, mobile clients, and console applications. Our GraphQL edge service is one of the biggest in the industry based on performance, throughput, and sheer number of downstream services it uses. We work closely with our product teams to design our GraphQL schema that powers the latest Twitch features, while providing a low-latency and responsive user experience. We also manage all our infrastructure on AWS.
Twitch is looking for versatile engineers with the curiosity and creativity to develop massively scalable services, improve and simplify our 1st party platform and drive developer productivity at Twitch. As a senior engineer, you should be comfortable contributing to technical strategy, architecture design, and engineering excellence at the team and organization levels. You will report to an engineering manager and work with engineers, product managers, and program managers to build products that delight our customers. We're based in San Francisco, but open to you working from either Seattle, WA or Irvine, CA!
- Lead a team of engineers to build services at scale on AWS infrastructure that are secure, highly available, fault tolerant and low latency.
- Work with multiple product and client teams to rapidly bring to market new experiences to empower and delight Twitch users.
- Improve engineering processes to increase organizational effectiveness
- Contribute to overall team and organization technical strategy and architecture design
- Identify and uphold a high bar for our engineering best practices and operational excellence.
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience working on large-scale applications (Python, Go or Java).
- Experience working with distributed, highly available systems.
- A knack for solving problems with a fact-based or data-based approach.
- Experience refining technical strategy and mentoring engineers
- Knowledge and experience supporting GraphQL APIs
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem of services (ECS, EC2, API Gateway, CloudWatch)
- You are familiar with dockers and containers concepts.
- Worked on metrics platforms and large public APIs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.