Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS service that allows developers to easily use the low-latency highly-distributed live video platform that powers Twitch in their own applications. The Video Clients team is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead video playback development on mobile platforms (iOS and Android) as we expand our customer base past Twitch to multiple customers and domains. You will also build new features and experiences in our video player SDK on top of WebRTC and new QUIC-based video protocols.
You will experience the best of both worlds while working on a brand new AWS service at Twitch—you will be immersed in Twitch’s creator-first culture and enjoy our perks while having access to the resources of a growing business. Your work will improve Twitch, the largest live video entertainment platform in the world with over 1 trillion minutes of content watched in 2020, and help set the direction of a rapidly evolving AWS service.
The Video Clients team has the highest visibility within Twitch’s video organization and delivering high-quality experiences on Mobile platforms is essential for Twitch’s future. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of Video Clients and collaborate directly with senior leadership in multiple organizations.
- Own the development experience of our Twitch and IVS Mobile video players for iOS and Android
- Develop technology and libraries for LL-HLS, WebRTC, and future video standards based on QUIC
- Collaborate with video server teams to operationally maintain Twitch and the Amazon IVS service
- Work closely with Twitch and other IVS customers to help guide feature assessments and bug fixes
- 3+ years of engineering management experience on mobile platform
- 5+ years of software development experience on mobile devices
- Built more than just mobile applications. You have worked extensively with operating system libraries and have developed frameworks.
- Experience working with at least one video playback technology - DASH, HLS, etc.
- A demonstrable track record for building new teams and retaining top and diverse talent.
- Customer obsession and focus on delivering high-quality software
- Experience working with ExoPlayer2/MediaCodec and AVPlayer/AVFoundation
- Experience with live video systems
- Experience building enterprise-grade client libraries
- Experience partnering with Google and Apple to effect OS-level changes
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $184,900 - $250,200 yr and in New York City is $203,400 - $275,200 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW5727