Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's Data Platform organization builds and operates the technology that powers data-driven operation and innovation for the entire company. As an Engineering Manager, Data Platform, you will report to the head of Twitch's Data Platform organization, and partner with other engineering managers, technical program managers, and product management to inform your product direction and translate product vision into an engineering roadmap to fulfill Twitch's expanding needs for new data infrastructure.
You will manage engineers responsible for operating an event ingestion system handling trillions of weekly events, a multi-petabyte data lake, and numerous complex applications on top which supply your customers with uninterrupted access to clean data and insights. You will enable outcomes for a diverse set of partners, ranging from executives reporting engagement data to Amazon, to data scientists generating insights for product managers, to applied scientists building livestream recommendations for Twitch viewers, making sure our data ecosystem is privacy compliant and more.
If this sounds accurate, come join us! Our headquarters is located in our San Francisco office, but we are also have offices in Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; New York, NY; Irvine, CA; Salt Lake City, UT, and are considering remote candidates.
Please consider the responsibilities detailed below to be a mix of expectations and opportunities. We don't expect everyone to already be great at everything. Everything sounds great except for one or two things? Please ask about them. Want to support our team without being on it? Please consider other data roles at Twitch.
- Encourage others to do excellent work through your leadership
- Attract, grow, and retain excellent software engineers
- Extend, scale, and redefine the Twitch data platform
- Partner with the group director to inform the mission, vision, and strategy of the team
- Work with teams from across the company on Twitch-wide programs
- Gather feedback from customers to determine prioritization of engineering work
- Advocate for the team and its technology
- 5+ years of professional software development
- 2+ years as an engineering manager or team lead
- 1+ years working with task management tools such as Jira
- Experience hiring and developing engineers under your guidance
- Experience gathering feedback from customers to inform engineering prioritization
- Knowledge of AWS services, open source technologies, and industry best practices regarding big data
- Awareness of consumer privacy regulations and their impact on technology design
- You have made petabytes of data quick and easy to work with
- Knowledge of A/B testing methodologies and experience building A/B capabilities
- Experience implementing Privacy controls in a mature data stack
- Experience using and managing Amazon Web Service (AWS) services
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $138,750 - 185,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.