Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Twitch is looking for a Global Controller who can improve financial and strategic decision making across the company through financial operations strategy, reporting and risk management. Our team's mission is to deliver complete and accurate financial information that can be relied on to help drive impactful financial decisions. Our business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems.
We are looking for a leader who will implement financial processes to support Twitch's domestic and international growth. You are someone experienced building and growing teams and passionate about promoting strong business partner relationships. This role will develop close relationships with Tax, FP&A, FinTech, Strategy and International Operations, and IT, all functions reporting into the CFO. In addition, they will forge strong partnerships with the business teams (product, engineering, marketing, sales, etc.) and ensure that accounting is involved early in business strategy/initiatives. Headquartered in San Francisco and with offices across the globe, the Global Controller must have experience managing international teams and ensuring compliance with all necessary laws. As a subsidiary of Amazon, this leader will work closely with the Amazon accounting and financial systems teams on policy, operations and audits.
- Lead a global team including hiring, mentoring and motivating and providing clear direction on strategy, goals and development
- Inspire an effective, deeply motivated and collaborative team, focusing on the continuous development and growth of the capabilities and performance of team members
- Serve as the company's expert on accounting matters, partnering with other departments on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting implications
- Monitor current trends in regulations related to accounting and reporting issues and provide guidance on technical accounting decisions and associated documentation
- Establish and implement Accounting policies and financial controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Twitch/Amazon standards
- Responsible for the production and integrity of Twitch's domestic, international and consolidated financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Evaluate current practices and policies and drive continuous improvement, research and analyze accounting matters.
- Maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the company. Partner with the Financial systems team to leverage technology to improve efficiency in processing
- Develop positive relationships with the business functions with the goal of being a trusted business advisor. Keep communication lines open with the business to ensure proper partnership and involvement of the accounting team in business strategy and decision
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Amazon accounting functions, including technical accounting and SOX reviews
- Oversee all accounting functions including: general ledger accounting, payments accounting, revenue accounting, and international accounting with teams across the globe
- 15+ years with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience in a prior Corporate Controller role
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting; MBA a plus; CPA required
- Experience building and leading a world-class accounting team and infrastructure in a highly entrepreneurial, rapidly growing environment
- Experience launching ERP systems (SAP preferred) and driving change management with Product, Fin Tech, IT, and Tax teams
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and develop team members
- Proven success leading through change
- Ability to design and implement processes that are SOX compliant and scalable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and customer orientation
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and SOX, current trends and developments
- Industry and international experience highly valued
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.