Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Communities are the beating (purple) heart of Twitch. We're looking for a Senior Director of Creator & Community Marketing to create strategies, campaigns, and programming that celebrate our Creators and their communities. You'll manage several related functions (Creator marketing, Community marketing, and Influencer marketing) so an established record of coaching teams and talent is a must as is an understanding of and love for Twitch Creators, the content they create, and the communities they grow and nurture.
Collectively, the team's work spans programs that excite, engage, and inform our Creators and their communities. The work is both scaled and custom, digital and IRL and includes supporting existing programs like Community Meetups, education series Creator Camp, campaigns like Twitch Recap, and running the Twitch Ambassador Program as well as content-focused programming like Art or Food & Drink month. These teams are uniquely suited to recognize, surprise and delight so there's opportunity too to introduce new programs.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, you'll be one of the lead representatives of the Creator voice to teams internally, including senior executives, and will advise on the best way to launch and land new features and updates. You'll work with partners in Creative, Social, GTM, PR, Partnerships, Content, Events, and Product so the ability to collaborate and navigate differing opinions is crucial. You will be insight-driven and always looking for new ways to increase impact. You have experience with community management and advocacy and have a reputation for bringing creative ideas to life.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, Seattle, WA, Salt Lake City, UT, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, or New York, New York.
- Be a senior advisor and voice of the Creator, highlighting both opportunities and challenges as well as solutions
- Create high-visibility and successful campaigns and programming that excite, inform, and engage our Creators and their communities
- Understand Creators' needs, beliefs, and aspirations and will develop campaigns and programming to address and support
- Introduce bold and fresh ideas and concepts and know how to bring them to life
- Lead and motivate individuals and teams and foster an inclusive workplace
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in our marketing and our business
- Determine appropriate, measurable goals and metrics for your campaigns and programs to measure and improve success
- 8+ years of experience in a Community management, marketing or related field
- Experience managing diverse, motivated teams
- Love of the Twitch community and Creators
- Situational awareness and know how to connect and network across teams
- Experience building marketing strategies and plans from the ground up grounded in insights and data
- Reputation for being a clear, confident communicator
- Experience building and scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.