Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
The Associate Director of Consumer Communications will build narratives, PR campaigns, and press stories that promote our content and creators across multiple verticals including gaming, music, sports, and more. Twitch has seen exponential growth, and we are looking for someone that help us continue that momentum in the consumer media space.
You'll work with several teams internally, including the Business Development, Music and Sports teams, Marketing, and Partnerships, to develop strategic and creative PR plans that highlight our content and creators to U.S. press. Over the past year, we have seen some of the biggest gaming moments happen live, only-on-Twitch content around the most popular sports events in the world, musicians creating entire albums with their community - and we are just getting started.
You are creative and have experience leading PR campaigns that center around content, talent or creators. You are curious about how things work and can bring a compelling story to life with few details. You spot issues before they happen, can quickly build trusted relationships with partners, think and work with multiple teams, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
The Associate Director of Consumer Communications will report to the Head of Communications, Americas and work from Twitch's headquarters in San Francisco, our New York office, or in Los Angeles.
- Develop consumer and entertainment PR strategies across multiple verticals
- Identify opportunities to engage creators and viewers around current events or other company/cultural or industry moments
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch and our gaming and non-gaming verticals to develop stories that translate to broad consumer audiences
- Have trusted relationships with top reporters across areas such as consumer, entertainment, lifestyle, music, sports, and gaming
- Be a trusted, strategic advisor to peers and executives
- Create the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help to manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to craft messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- 8+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets across multiple verticals
- Experience leading campaigns or programs around content or talent/creator storytelling
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Excitement for the future of entertainment and passion for creators
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.