Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are the Original Content Team at Twitch with a mission to empower streamers through owned and operated content franchises rooted in interactive and participatory content. We put creativity and technology on the same plane by pushing the boundaries of modern day storytelling. We believe the best ideas originate in the community and we can only make them better through creator participation and a high bar of excellence. You will be a part of an expanding team that creates and produces content across gaming news and competition, sports, music and other cultural moments. You will create original designs, concept prototypes, and final deliverables for our Twitch-owned channels and programs. Your ongoing projects will span across broadcast graphics, channel branding, promotional assets, emotes, video/motion graphics, internal decks & templates, creator/community kits, and many other creative expressions of the Twitch Original Content portfolio. You will be a student of Twitch chat and transform that voice into imaginative ideas and expressive art that comes to life. You will report to our Creative & Editorial Director on the Original Content team.
This position can be located in Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, or Irvine, CA.
- Concept/design and build creative assets to support broadcast content, product, special events, and our creator/community programs
- Brainstorm ideas and work with team to prototype visual concepts and ideas (mood boards, mockups, animatics, storyboards, and test shows)
- Work with the Creative Director and Creative Producers in ideating and building brand materials for our Twitch owned & operated channels and content
- Use research to make strategic creative improvements to content and designs, while still knowing when to take creative risks
- Assist leadership team in developing internal presentation decks
- Refine designs based on feedback from project leads and creative partners, translating complex notes into simple directives — all while keeping on strategy
- Help QC creative and provide feedback to creative vendors, agencies, and contractors to ensure deliverables meet our standards for quality and align with our brand guidelines
- Create/manage a system of creative templates and guidelines that can be used across our team on different projects
- 4+ years experience working in a high-output creative environment like a broadcast network, production company, or creative advertising agency
- Design background in Entertainment, Art, and Graphic Design - with a portfolio of both still and motion work. Experience working with digital/UX/UI design and 3D is also helpful.
- A visual storyteller with outstanding design skills in composition, typography, illustration, branding, and layout
- Knowledge of games / game culture - and you stay up-to-date on the latest memes and trends
- Excellent project management skills. You will work with multiple teams across a fast-growing company to bridge creative ideas and incorporate the right direction
- Experience prototyping concepts/ideas through mood boards, storyboards, drawing/sketching, and visual presentation development
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Experience with Premiere is also helpful.
- Link to your current portfolio or website is required
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.