Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager with technical accounting experience and hands-on experience with monthly revenue accounting close. You will work with several teams, such as Sales ops, Tax, and Legal, to ensure that all partnership and business development revenue transactions are booked following our revenue recognition policy. Participate in discussions, review draft contracts, and provide recommendations for recognition observing relevant accounting literature and company's revenue recognition policy. The Revenue Accounting Manager will have one direct report and will manage the accuracy of all partnership and business development revenue and billing. You will report to our Senior Manager Revenue Operations.
- Expert on ASC 606, especially direct. Have direct experience with ASC 606-10-55-36, Principal vs Agent Consideration.
- Review revenue contracts to evaluate revenue recognition treatment and ensuring that revenue is booked and accounted for, looking through the system and OTC cycles. Document and support revenue recognition treatment/conclusion including working through any system impacts.
- Research and publish accounting memos to document our accounting positions. Keep revenue accounting policy updated, including controls.
- Review and participate in the close process, including the determination of the completion and accuracy of revenues, review of journal entries, flux analysis, reconciliations, and SOX controls.
- Review new products offering to determine the revenue accounting and implement procedures to process orders.
- Participate in UAT of SAP system implementation.
- Draft and maintain accounting policies related to revenue and costs of revenues.
- Support improvement on the contract review processes and implementation of SOX controls.
- 6+ years of experience working in a combination of auditing and revenue accounting operations
- Technical knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40
- Will analyze contracts and new programs/offerings and document the related accounting analysis
- Hands on experience with month-end close, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis and KPI's
- Strong work ethic, with the appetite for creating change and making a difference
- Excel in a fast changing, complex and multi-national company
- Can partner with a variety of teams and have the ability to work with all organization levels
- Experience with using Netsuite and SAP
- Experience managing staff team member
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.