Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a motivated and self-initiating Sr. Director - Tax to be part of the Twitch tax team to contribute to our dynamic business. You will be based in London and will emphasize direct and indirect tax support in the e-Commerce and content space for EMEA and APAC regions You will report to the Twitch Head of Tax.
- Have a partner-centric attitude to collaborate to stay informed about content, product and expansion projects for indirect tax and direct tax analysis for the EMEA / APAC regions.
- Be willing to work with a diverse crew of tax nerds who care deeply about Twitch's tax issues and each other
- Support the review and analysis of income and transactional tax requirements to support global expansion plans and the changing tax landscape
- Manage both in-house and external tax planning and compliance teams relating to direct and indirect tax compliance deliverables.
- Be a partner in the design and solution-ing of the operationalization of certain tax strategies and changes to tax requirements relating to creator payments and revenue generation including automation processes such as ERP and other
- Develop applicable tax requirements and to assess whether new operational guidelines
- Develop scalable operational processes for transactional tax compliance
- Keep up-to-date with changes in tax legislation in the EU and APAC and to identify potential impact to Twitch business for strategic planning purposes
- Communicate with teams of new tax procedures
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 12+ years experience in both public and industry
- Can work with all levels of employees and diverse groups
- Can advise or present issues clearly and concisely
- Can produce deliverables and manage multiple pressing needs in a fluid setting
- Understand the current digital tax landscape and can help develop tax requirements
- Scale and process-oriented with demonstrated consistency, accuracy, and carefulness
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel (knowledge of pivot tables)
- Experience in an ERP environment: NetSuite/SAP/Oracle ( a plus )
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.