Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Identity team is responsible for a variety of systems at Twitch including those that store who-am-I information about users, implement business logic for privacy compliance, and handle authorization and authentication. These systems sit at the bottom of the call stack of many other systems in Twitch's microservices-based architecture and are necessary to Twitch's ongoing success. Developing and maintaining these systems is an ongoing challenge because they are complex, high throughput and require intense focus on security.
As a Technical Program Manager working with the Identity team, you oversee the overall organization of Identity as a program in partnership with the engineering managers, product manager and director. This includes taking the lead on managing the relationship between Identity and its stakeholders, working with larger Twitch programs such as central tech initiatives, partnering with engineering managers to help organize individual projects and serving as a point of contact with the larger Twitch TPM org. You will report to the Director of Client Platforms and Identity.
- Own and drive the process to plan, execute, and communicate project progress for Identity's Users and Privacy Engineering systems.
- Partner with the team's Engineering Manager and Product Manager to help plan, prioritize, and deliver new products, features, critical maintenance, or deprecate systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams across platform and product organizations.
- Facilitate Sprint activities as needed, helping teams remove blockers, handle dependencies, and resolve prioritization conflicts.
- Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to multiple audiences, including senior leadership.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Collaborate with teams from across the company on Twitch-wide programs such as Central Tech Initiatives.
- You have 4+ years of technical program management, program management, or equivalent expertise.
- Managed complex projects or programs at scale with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Proven abilities in project management.
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Background in Privacy-compliance systems and
- Understanding of gaming, streaming, and online entertainment
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.