Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Data Center Deployment Engineer to provide local and remote support for its Global Edge and PoP (Point of Presence) locations. As a Data Center Deployment Engineer at Twitch, you will help build a network and computing infrastructure across several global locations.
In addition to build-outs and PoP deployments, you will travel between Edge sites conducting routine audits and service assessments. You will also provide remote support to our teams during scheduled maintenance, operational, and service improving events.
Your role will involve some periods working independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining communications. You will manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labour with vendors to ensure that internal standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.You will have experience building relationships with our customers along with building solutions to meet technical issues as they arise.You will have previous hands-on technical troubleshooting experience and a track record for solving complex problems. You will create project build documentation.
You will report to the Manager of Datacenter Operations
- Promote daily operational management of the planning, installation, maintenance, break/fix support, server hardware operation, and supporting infrastructure at scale
- Ensure an amazing Twitch experience on our infrastructure while working to keep operating costs to a minimum
- Mentor and develop teammates such that they can run daily operations
- Assist and support the Twitch Infrastructure teams with the development of new POP sites and Origin Data centers
- Work with Twitch engineering and our teams around the globe to evolve and increase processes and approaches in a way to allow Twitch to grow
- Create and promote a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, and safety
- Work with several other teams including business development, network operations and deployment/provisioning team
- Improve the implementation of toolsets and processes which support:
- Data-driven operations
- Efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware)
- Equipment repair and upgrades
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware and Linux OS
- Provide reporting and capability to manage to key metrics
- Bachelor's Degree (or relevant experience) in a computer science related field
- 4 + years working in a data center operations environment
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration
- Excellent knowledge of Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Good networking understanding of TCP/IP
- Excellent prioritization
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase.
- Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- International travel (~50%)
- Lift equipment weighing 25kg
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.