Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Systems Engineering Manager, Event Engineer will help provide an amazing quality video streaming experience for our clients and partners. Your knowledge of live video encoding, video and audio production, networking and troubleshooting is important in this premium support and consulting team.
The ability to understand the complete chain, all the way from camera sensor to the frames that leave our LVDS, whilst managing the relationship with our partners is necessary.
- Work amongst an amazingly team of software, event and operations engineers to ensure our clients and partners get the best experience possible.
- Work with our teams to ensure we present a unified front to our users.
- Manage major broadcast issues internally to ensure resolution whilst facilitating communication to the clients and partners.
- Manage the building of relationships with our clients, partners and production groups to ensure we are promoting their feedback and requirements to our engineering teams.
- Own existing technical relationships with partners to ensure that they feel we're constantly on top of their needs and productions.
- Manage a rapid response to any live issues experienced by our premium partners.
- Learn about and test broadcast equipment used by major broadcasters, making sure that it works with the platform.
- Support internal capacity planning teams to ensure the platform is prepped for appropriate load around events.
- Try out new approaches to old problems
- Go above and beyond to make sure our partners are successful.
- Fluently communicate cross-team and cross-continent with production companies, partners and clients
- Advanced knowledge of live real-time streaming broadcast workflows and web video delivery.
- Experience with open source video processing tools.
- Direct experience with multiple live video encoding suites (hardware and software).
- An understanding of both analog and digital video signals.
- Experience using *nix distributions to encode media and handle live video content.
- Work under-pressure in a live environment. Preferably in TV or streaming video.
- Understand advanced networking (transport, protocols, error correction).
- Ability to travel internationally multiple times per month
- Work with Network, Ops and Systems Engineers on improving event execution, application performance and system requirements.
- Familiar with Twitch, gaming events, esports and related topics.
- 3+ years experience as a field engineer (live streaming or television)
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing environment.
- Experience in event management.
- Software development experience in any language
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.