Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Imagine, if you will, a komodo dragon. However, this is no ordinary komodo dragon; this one is making a very excited face. Your task is to build a creative campaign that will make millions of people fall in love with this hyped-up lizard, singing its praises forevermore. If that sounds like something you'd want to do, we want to talk with you.
Who are we? We're Twitch's in-house creative team, and we're looking for an Associate Creative Director, Campaigns to join us.
Our ideal candidate is a powerful copywriter who seamlessly blends weird and funny (the komodo example is real) with authentic and thoughtful. You can crack a brief wide open with an inspired, on-strategy big idea, but you're also a wordsmith who dives deep into the craft. As a creative team leader reporting into the GCD, you'll need to be solutions-oriented and collaborative, taking ownership of campaigns, working with partners, and inspiring other creatives on your team to deliver original, high-quality work. We want someone who won't just write typical ads in typical ways—though we sometimes do some of that too.As a team, we've spent the past few years identifying and sharpening our brand voice. Now it's time to wield it with campaigns that will grow Twitch, invite in new viewers and creators, and evolve our identity. Wherever we show up in the world, we need to sound like us. So if you're a Twitch fan yourself, or if you have a background in games or streaming, even better.
Our team is relatively small, but our impact isn't. We partner with many of Twitch's internal teams, including esports, community, social, and events. We also work with game publishers and creative agencies when the job calls for it, so TLDR: teamwork makes the dream work.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY.
- Create good ideas that can come to life in traditional (film, OOH, social) or non-traditional (events, livestream) places
- Write good words
- Take good care of projects from start to finish
- Make good work, sometimes internally or while guiding agency and production partners
- Be good with strategy and drive good results
- Build good partnerships, within the creative team and with partners across the company
- 8+ years experience delivering stand-out creative work on projects and campaigns, across a variety of touch points
- Experience taking ownership of projects and hitting goals
- Examples of brand voice development and oversight
- Passion for experimentation
- The ability to combine conceptual, big idea thinking with a high attention craft and detail
- An understanding of creative development timelines and production process
- Exceptional collaboration and listening ability
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.