Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join our Security Architecture and Engineering Organization. Reporting to the Director of the Security Engineering organization, our mission is to guide Twitch to build securely. We are looking for people who want to partner with our Twitch peers to level up Twitch's security posture and reduce infrastructural security risks. We are passionate about identifying capability gaps and security issues across Twitch's infrastructure, creating policies and standards to guide our peers, helping teams with infrastructure design and implementation, providing engineers solutions to security goals, and creating a safety net for engineers to build securely. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
We are looking for people who want to partner with our Twitch peers to level up Twitch's security posture and reduce infrastructural security risks. We are passionate about identifying capability gaps and security issues across Twitch's infrastructure, creating policies and standards to guide our peers, helping teams with infrastructure design and implementation, providing engineers solutions to security goals, and creating a safety net for engineers to build securely. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
As a Principal Security Architect, you will provide technical direction, oversight, and execution guidance for the Security Architecture and Engineering team as well as the greater Security department. You'll be the person the engineers turn to when they're not sure how to do something, or which technology option best suits a project. You'll facilitate relationships between the numerous Security teams, identifying opportunities to collaborate and execute against a larger vision. You'll establish a vision around how Twitch Security approaches strategic risk reduction and with the support of our TPM team, help drive execution. We do not expect expertise in all of the team responsibility areas, but we do expect you to be fluent with almost all of them and demonstrate technical expertise in several. If you think that you're interested, and that you may be qualified, please contact us. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time.
- Design patterns, repeatable guidance, and where necessary, policy
- Recognize and adopt best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization
- Establish vision for the Security Architecture and Engineering Organization
- Develop and implement long-term roadmap and multi-year programs for Twitch Security.
- Consult with both product-focused and horizontal teams, both engineering and not
- Help teams to make the right security calls
- Provide career and technical mentorship to other engineers
- Proven track record of managing complex problems and cultivating collaboration across organizational boundaries with key stakeholders (SDEs, leaders, fellow PE community, non-technical staff)
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- 10+ years of experience identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- 10+ years of experience in three or more of the following areas: cloud computing, cryptography, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, software development, threat modeling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in Cyber Security and at least one relevant technical area: large-scale systems engineering, queuing and messaging, Linux networking, performance analysis, software-defined networking.
- Bring advanced-level skills to research, evaluate, track and manage security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where in-depth analysis of ambiguous information is required
- Technical Leadership. You can drive an initiative from concept to full production deployment while maintaining security and operational excellence throughout the process. You influence other engineers with your technical depth and collaborative attitude.
- Fluency with AWS
- Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Demonstrate software development proficiency (Go, Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.