Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch Merchandise started in 2017 and has grown to serve customers in over 30 countries worldwide online and at live events, including TwitchCons, our premier events, in the US and abroad. We're looking for a Senior Apparel Designer to help shape the future of apparel and merchandise design at Twitch.
You'll design and manage projects that brings the Twitch the platform IRL. Using your design skills, you'll create original, new designs that reflect Twitch's brand narrative and culture. Working closely with the Merchandise and Brand teams, you'll lead the design vision and creation of high-quality apparel, accessories, home goods, and more to our legion of fans worldwide.
This role falls under the Twitch Marketing organization. You will report to the Head of Merchandising with dotted line reporting into a Creative Director.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA,
- Lead overall brand design and design strategy for custom Twitch merchandise
- Create seasonal trend and concept boards, ensuring that there's a pipeline of new products for our customer
- Translate intellectual property (IP) to products including apparel, accessories, home goods, consumer electronics, collectibles, and new categories
- Support internal Swag program, including designing merch, marketing materials, unboxing experiences, and more
- Partner with Merchandise and GTM Managers to identify design trends, fabrics, materials, new decorative techniques, and product categories
- Prepare tech packs, art files, and render to vendors
- Manage the sampling and details process with lead merchants, from product concept to creation
- Design digital assets for marketing purposes like websites, social media, email, house ads, and more
- Use your passion and knowledge of current events to create products that appeal to our target audience
- 7+ years of agency, in-house brand or start-up design experience
- Design background in Apparel and Graphic Design
- Outstanding visual design skills in typography, composition, illustration, branding, and layout
- Fascination and familiarity with current trends, culture, and design in gaming and fashion
- Knowledge of the apparel retail industry, marketing principles, and product development process
- Experience with pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit, garment construction, and manufacturing
- Experience with mood boards, drawing/sketching, ideation, tech pack production, digital product creation and visual presentation development
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Comfortable presenting to senior level audiences
- Link to portfolio or website highly preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.