Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As Sr. Audience Development Strategist, reporting to the Audience Development Lead, you will help measure performance and establish best practices for new and evolving Multiplayer Entertainment content. We are looking for someone with an ability to analyze complex content performance and audience data and transform it into immediately actionable programming strategy and content optimization recommendations. We ask that you have experience growing audiences, optimizing distribution channels, and delivering recommendations backed by data-driven insights.
- Establish an understanding of what categories, formats, and creative tactics make content successful on Twitch
- Measure the performance of key content programs against viewership and engagement goals
- Use data-driven audience and content insights to inform programming best practices
- Create content case studies highlighting best practices or learnings
- Use insights to develop product, format, and category-specific content "Playbooks"
- Use the full depth of Twitch's data tools and insights teams to understand target content and audience segments
- Work with the Content Insights team to set goals, and construct the tables and dashboards to measure content performance for a variety of partners
- Work with Partnerships teams to identify opportunities for partners and creators from new content trends and best practices
- Complete research projects that will help guide Twitch's overall content business
- 5+ years working within a creative organization using data to shape programming strategy and grow audiences
- Ability to parse how content variables, target audiences, and distribution methods all affect content performance, and an ability to create recommendations that balance and optimize the three in parallel
- An understanding of the interconnected stakeholders in a digital media ecosystem - content creators, media companies, advertisers, and viewers
- Experience with digital media data sources (e.g., platform analytics, Tubular Labs) and understanding of the algorithms and optimization levers that create content discovery within a digital media platform
- Experience designing content performance dashboards and templates for reporting
- Data visualization skills to illustrate data-driven insights for diverse audiences, in many media (decks, docs, presentations, and case studies)
- A discipline and a willingness to carve a path towards a defined goal when there are no established protocols or processes
- You have experience with Tableau or other data analytics tools
- You are familiar live streaming or live broadcast content
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.