Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Systems Engineer- Client Platform is a hybrid role that ensures Twitch's employees have the systems they need to be productive. You will work within the Corporate Engineering and Services team with every department to provide solutions to several needs. We ask that you have a comprehensive understanding of multiple operating systems, automation technologies, and coding combined with the capability to use them to create unique and creative solutions. If you are someone who has broad skills across multiple operating systems and succeed at the ability to develop creative solutions to our needs, then you may be Engineer we're looking for.
- Manage a mixed platform client system environment (Windows, macOS, Ubuntu).
- Administer client system management tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Maintain client hardware standards including client configuration and test bleeding edge technology.
- Administer enterprise software and required AWS infrastructure for deployment and package management (i.e. Chef, Munki, Chocolatey)
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems.
- Write code / cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Partner with information security, corporate network, field teams and other related groups to provide a balance of global fleet health employee satisfaction.
- Partner with multiple teams to prioritize and balance work concerning requests, engineering and operations.
- Work as the escalation point between various support teams for issues on the IT client platform.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience managing a 1,000+ unit fleet in an environment containing Windows, Mac, and Linux using tooling such as: Chef or Ansible
- 4+ years experience deploying packages to endpoints using tools such as Munki and Chocolatey
- 4+ years experience in a development environment using languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, and Python
- 4+ years experience leading code reviews using standard development and code repository tooling such as GitHub, GitLab
- 4+ years experience configuring and maintaining aspects of an ActiveDirectory domain including RADIUS authentication, Group Policies, User management
- An understanding of AWS and the services it offers
- Requires an understanding of TCP/IP Networks and layer 7 protocols like HTTP
- Clearly document issues and communicate topics with associated partners
- Perform ad-hoc work outside of normal business hours
- Perform tasks on time with awareness of impact on team members and other parts of the business
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us and can be good teacher and mentor
- Experience working with infrastructure as code tooling like CloudFormation, CDK, or Terraform
- Experience working with AWS Hosted ActiveDirectory and Workspaces
- Experience building and testing user-facing projects and have foresight about both user behavior and product design
- Experience working with security teams to build secure solutions from the design-phase
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.