Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch has a two-sided payments platform that collects payments from customers all over the globe and pays out income to our creators. We have a growing team of product, UX and engineering professionals based in downtown SF.
By bringing customers together with creators, we are changing how media is consumed and how communities are formed. Payments is core to Twitch's strategy to serve the needs of creators in generating income on Twitch. At Twitch, you will work with passionate people who are smart and customer obsessed.
The Payments team has experience with shipping delightful features that influence how Twitch is perceived by both creators and customers. In addition to launching new features and programs, the Payments team is also the architect and owner of a flexible global payments platform which enables other teams at Twitch to launch new programs.
As a Product Manager for Payments and Platform, you will help set and build Twitch's strategy to ensure payments and payouts to all our viewers and streamers. You will help to build a platform for Commerce, and you will report to the head of product and work with other product teams, data science, finance, and engineering.
- Take ownership over the entire lifecycle of product management for our payments and payouts platform, from strategy to portfolio management to GTM to post-launch operations and monitoring.
- Determine the vision and the customer need for each product opportunity - own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and documentation.
- Oversee the one-to-two year vision and drive prioritization for Twitch's purchase platform within the larger Money platform. This will include optimizing the purchase experience for Twitch users and building platform capabilities to allow other product teams to sell their products on Twitch
- Ensure implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements; makes necessary adjustments
- Develop Go To Market (GTM) plan
- Research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership
- 5+ years of work experience as a Product Manager or Technical Program Manager
- You are a tireless advocate of the needs of our customer - both our creators and payers
- You have subject matter experience in regards to payments and monetizing digital products at scale
- You have an excellent product/design experience
- You understand when and how to leverage product analytics and run product experiments
- You care about operational excellence
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Twitch user, broadcaster, or have experience in the gaming industry
- You have experience working with various payment providers like Stripe, Square, Braintree etc
- SQL Proficiency
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.