Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We're looking for a smart, effective communicator who is passionate about community health & safety and has experience telling compelling and complex stories. You will develop messaging and narratives, and identifying storytelling opportunities to build awareness of Twitch's policies, features and enforcement to both the media and our community.
You'll work with several teams internally, including product marketing, policy, safety operations and our mighty communications team (of which you will be a part) to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new policies and products, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on our safety efforts. You'll help respond to safety-related inquiries and handle crises and issues as they emerge. You'll become ingrained in the Twitch community and develop integrated campaigns to educate and build advocacy.
You are a storyteller with experience working on consumer software and social or interactive services. You are thoughtful and motivated, and can distill complex concepts into easily understood language. You can spot issues before they happen, can build trusted partnerships across teams, and excel in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about the Twitch community and are eager to help build our safety narrative.
- Develop and amplify safety narratives around important safety milestones
- Identify opportunities to engage creators and viewers through creative programming
- Establish an understanding of Twitch's community, policies, and products, and develop stories that translate those concepts to broad consumer audiences
- Partner with members of the community to build understanding of Twitch's safety work
- Foster relationships with consumer tech and technology trade reporters
- Create the foundational materials needed to develop compelling narratives
- Help manage company response for crisis and evolving issues, working across Twitch to develop messaging and strategies
- Work with US and global agency partners and internal global team
- 5+ years of experience in public relations or journalism, including experience working in-house on consumer software
- Relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Experience navigating fast-paced environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup; super bonus for experience with social services or communities
- Experience with Trust & Safety or Policy
- Familiarity with Twitch Community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.