Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP, Global Marketing, the Head of Brand will lead all Twitch global go-to-market brand campaigns and projects, and continue to empower communities to create together. You will bring the brand to life through designing creative marketing strategies and tactics that build Twitch brand equity amongst our creator and viewer audiences. You will bring the brand to life through creative brand strategy and campaigns, cultural inspiration, and thought leadership. You are curious, yet grounded in audience narratives, insights and macro-culture research. You will be responsible for building, developing, and leading all brand projects as chief storyteller. Ultimately, you will be the steward of the Twitch brand, and the facilitator for how we communicate with our large, growing, and diverse audiences.
You will be an emotive-based marketeer who has experience with building brands inclusive of large and diverse audiences. You will collaborate with internal colleagues and external partner brands. You will come with an understanding of the Twitch audience, and will create new ways of thinking for how the Twitch brand is expressed in gaming and macro-culture. You will have worked across a range of brands, from well-established to growth, and ideally have both an agency and client-side background.
- Operate as the Twitch brand champion, driving innovation across all parts of the service and leading new ways of bringing the brand to life
- Develop strong creator and viewer audience-focused brand strategy, messaging and priorities that builds the foundation for all marketing communications
- Lead all brand campaigns and projects, and partner with other marketing teams to infuse Twitch brand values into every opportunity
- Lead efforts to reinforce Twitch's brand purpose and values, identifying opportunities to show up as a brand in a meaningful way
- Deepen audience insights through developing quantitative and qualitative understanding of internal and external brand trends
- Partner closely with internal creative team and external agencies and brands to further the Twitch brand's mission of empowering communities to create together.
- Protect integrity of design system and brand image through active brand management, permissions, and expressions
- Promote a work environment that fosters creativity, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs
- B.S. / B.A. with 10 or more years of successful experience as a brand executive, with agency and in-house/client side experience
- Strong and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team
- Deep experience in brand building - both strategically and creatively.
- Must have led a significant (ideally millennial/Gen Z focused) brand at both a strategic and an executional level.
- Emotive-based marketeer who has proven experience with building brands inclusive of large and diverse audiences
- Ability to marry insights & data with storytelling, narrative development, and messaging
- Experience building and scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, creatives, product marketers, content marketers, and campaign managers of all levels
- Lead a gaming or consumer facing blue-chip brand through periods of significant organizational and cultural growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.