Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Viewer Experience team builds products that help connect 100M+ viewers to millions of live streamers in real time. As Principal Product manager, you will launch products that empower users to easily discover content, creators and communities they love. You will be a leader on the viewer experience team, which sits at the intersection of growth, discovery, search and recommendations. You play an essential part in driving a unified experience for the viewer, by building inventive products that bring together the Twitch experience. Reporting to the Director of Viewer Product, you provide vision, strategy and influence along with a portfolio-based approach to driving feature innovation. You use your storytelling skills to inspire, motivate and collaborate with engineers, designers and others.
- Roll out large-scale product efforts, by leading a cross-functional team in evolving the current experience through an experiment-driven approach
- Drive impact and make tough calls by owning decisions that influence the success of the entire viewer experience portfolio and the creators who depend on us to help them grow their audiences.
- Influence product managers across all of Twitch by communicating your vision and strategy broadly
- Grow and mentor team members in building an inclusive collaborative environment based on moving boldly with mutual respect
- 5+ years of Product Development experience with multiple successful launches of products or platforms at scale
- 3+ years as a Product Manager: we firmly believe that Engineering, TPM and Design experience is valuable for PMs and counts towards time in the role
- Direct experience with growth, discovery, notifications or search at a large-scale media/tech or digital entertainment company.
- Expertise in data-driven development; you are competent at interpreting data and using a/b testing, to validate ideas, mitigate risk and ensure you are building the right products
- Experience with "zero to one" development, either at a startup or on a completely new team/product line/technology
- A Computer Science background OR 2+ years directly working with Machine Learning teams
- Ability to articulate business priorities and corresponding product roadmap across a diverse set of stakeholders, including other product managers, who often have conflicting interests.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, excited about the opportunity to lean into live video as a vehicle for community building
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.