Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient and responsive.
The Twitch Global Network Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand Twitch's footprint across the world. As part of this team is the Technology Sourcing Team who is the relationship owner for the Twitch Equipment and Software Suppliers.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale. You will lead the vendor sourcing, selection, contract negotiation, quote reviews and management of multiple suppliers in alignment with the business strategy. You will ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in Engineering Services, Quality, Business Management, Contract management, delivery and cost responsibility. You will report to the Director of Network Acquisitions.
This position is available for US Remote including any of the US Twitch Offices.
- Advocate for the supplier within Twitch and be their harshest critic to ensure the best possible performance. Upon success, you will instill a forward-thinking collaborative and mutually-beneficial long-term relationship with a holistic point of view, not just a product or single supplier perspective – a real business owner
- Solid understanding of the supplier landscape and their capabilities as well as strong appetite for new technologies
- Able to negotiate best in class contract pricing, terms and conditions on large contracts with suppliers who are exceptionally skilled at protecting thin margins. Exercise good judgement in knowing when and how best to address issues or drive change
- Ensure that the suppliers execute and adhere to the contracts and renegotiate whenever possible to realize benefits from bundling work with Strategic Suppliers
- Responsible for managing the business relationship including contracts, pricing, terms and conditions, quotes. Must be an effective negotiator. The value of these supplier engagements can reach the multimillion-dollar level
- Must have the ability to engage, influence and arbitrate both the supplier and the Twitch stakeholder organizations at the operational and senior executive levels. The circumstances are often emotional and with severe pressure and limited time. Must build strong business cases and have a strong executive presence
- Develop and manage sourcing events (RFQ, RFP, RFI) from supplier identification through award and contract execution.
- Participate in recurring true-up/true-down exercises with the providers to ensure the cost control
- Participate in and provide feedback during quarterly business reviews with providers
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Track, report and measure
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in high volume sourcing environment
- 5+ years direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English.
- Procurement experience for large-scale global technology companies
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $88,875 - 148,125 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.