Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Come create the future of multiplayer entertainment at Twitch! To support our growth in APAC, we are looking for a Head of Games BD, APAC, with experience building C-level relationships, leading and executing strategic plans, and negotiating and closing complex partnerships. You will report to the Sr. Director, Business Development, and will work closely with the content partnerships, marketing, and sales teams to grow the Twitch community.
This role will focus on defining our priorities within the APAC game developer landscape and setting a global strategy to achieve them. We are looking for someone who wants to shape the future of live interactive video experiences, has a deep understanding of the PC and Mobile games industry, and is excited about growing gaming communities on Twitch. The ideal candidate has strong entrepreneurial traits, navigates solutions independently, and hustles goal-driven experiments quickly.
- Identify Twitch’s holistic strategic priorities within the APAC games landscape together with key internal stakeholders including the content, marketing, Rivals, and sales teams
- Foster, document and develop key stakeholder relationships across prioritized partners in the region
- Independently identify opportunities and build and execute a pipeline of prioritized deals
- Build internal relationships and collaborate with global BD stakeholders in the US and Europe
- Explain business plan and product vision and strategies to both internal and external partners. Provide relevant insights to other teams based on customer feedback and data analysis
- 7+ Years of Business Development, Consulting, Marketing or Go-To-Market P&L management experience in gaming, media & entertainment, technology, or consulting
- Deep understanding of PC/Console/Mobile game landscapes, game go-to-market considerations, community development, and business models
- Experience leading and closing large, strategic deals independently
- Understanding of corporate finance planning and modeling
- Strategic thinker who can communicate complex ideas with clarity through writing and speech
- Top tier MBA or Academic degree
- Open to travel +30% time
- Understands the Twitch community and wider live video streaming landscape
- Prior experience in live streaming
- Fluency in Mandarin or Korean
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.