Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an an experienced lawyer to support our expanding and evolving operations in EMEA and other regions outside of the United States You will be a member of the international legal team and advise the business on the legal, regulatory and commercial aspects of diverse projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join Twitch's close-knit legal team, build relationships with Amazon legal teams and have fun tackling the complex issues faced by our business, clients and communities.
You will seek responsibility and autonomy in your role and you will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about media, content and technology, and enjoy being challenged intellectually. In return you will be offered great opportunities to share and develop your skills in an exciting, high-growth media and technology business.
The role can work from either our London or Berlin offices and some international travel will be required.
- Advise on legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to the strategic development of the EMEA business
- Structure and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements including in relation to content, talent, business development, marketing, creative services and technology.
- Monitor and advise on regulations including in the media, content and technology industries
- Manage the resolution of issues that arise in relationships with Twitch's clients, communities and third parties.
- Work with the broader Amazon Digital Group and other Twitch legal teams on diverse projects.
- University Degree and legal qualifications
- 5+ years post qualification experience (PQE)
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Bonus: Media, video-game, advertising or technology industry background
- Bonus: German language skills (drafting and negotiating)
- Excellent legal and commercial awareness and top-notch drafting and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory principles affecting media and technology businesses
- Experience navigating uncharted waters and working with and influencing all levels of employees and management
- The ability to function as part of an international legal team and to operate autonomously when needed.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.