Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. You will help scale our accounting operations and payout capabilities for our broadcasters on the Original Content (OC) content accounting vertical. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager - Content Accounting and will work with hundreds of partners worldwide. You are excited to navigate complex problems and are eager to use technology to build automated workflows. Responsibilities will evolve over time and initially are:
- Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Support month-end close including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis, and detailed analyses related to content costs.
- Review, process, and document contractual agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Ensure payments are processed by obtaining payment support, ensuring tax compliance, responding to inquiries, and uploading bills to the accounting system.
- Take full ownership of your responsibilities and understand end-to-end processes.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Work with several partners throughout the world including Partnerships, Legal, Tax, Content Finance, Accounts Payable, and vendors.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
- 4+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company or public accounting firm.
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unfazed by large datasets.
- Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and unfazed by high volumes.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily in Office
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.