Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for a Senior Manager of Interconnection Strategy to lead a highly motivated group of individuals on a global scale.
The Twitch Global Network Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand Twitch's footprint across the world. As part of this team is the Interconnection Strategy Team which sets our global Settlement-Free Peering and Internet Exchange strategy, grows and plans our edge capacity, engages with peers, attends conferences and represents Twitch in an official capacity.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale. You will combine your strong managerial skills with deep market knowledge and tech industry savvy to find solutions that support Twitch's growth. You will report to the Director of Network Acquisitions.
This position is available for US Remote including any of the US Twitch Offices.
- Lead a team to build and maintain strategic long-term relationships with ISPs for effective, efficient, and scalable delivery of Twitch content to users.
- Hire and develop a team of technical professionals who are responsible for our interconnection strategy globally
- Develop the overall interconnection strategy for the Twitch Global Infrastructure including defining our Internet Exchange strategy (selection, capacity and routing policies).
- Overall responsibility for identifying, negotiating and closing peering and internet exchange contracts
- Communicating progress internally and collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including product and business development, legal, network architecture and deployment
- Support team(s) in optimizing traffic patterns to minimize unit price and improve quality of service
- Partner with the leadership team to identify strategic trends in Twitch
- Track, report and measure
- 10+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers, telecommunications providers, internet exchange points, datacenter providers
- 2+ years of Management experience leading teams across multiple locations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interpreting contracts and other legal documents
- Solid understanding of domestic and global carrier networks.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Understanding of Internet networks, architectures, market pricing, capacity availability, and service providers
- Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within a company and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Prior experience in a similar role involving negotiating peering agreements
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and analytical skills (i.e. traffic engineering, routing)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Use for US based Positions only:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.