Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a Content Specialist on the IGDB.com team you will join the Data Team in our mission to ensure the quality and quantity of gaming metadata that gets added to the database (which will improve both IGDB and Twitch at the same time). We are looking for a data enthusiast with a passion for video games and the gaming industry; someone who isn't afraid to deal with a large amount of data. You will work with data validation and maintenance, community management, localization and contribution guidelines, all related to video games. You will cover video game events and communicate with developers. We are also looking for someone who enjoys working in Photoshop and is excited to learn about upcoming video game generation and technologies. Reporting to the Data Team manager you will be part of a productive team with an eagerness to improve the gaming space while at the same time overcoming data challenges.
As a part of the data team at IGDB, we encourage work from remote locations as we want to build a diverse team from several time zones around the world.
- Validate video game metadata
- Maintain data processes and aggregation
- Add and organize metadata to improve quality
- Contribute to guidelines
- Manage the community (both contributors and developers)
- Cover gaming events
- Partner with teams across IGDB and Twitch to collaborate on bigger tasks
- Research gaming metadata
- Readiness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge in video games and its philosophy
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Interest in metadata and taxonomy
- Proficiency in more than one language (Swedish/English not included)
- Knowledge in Photoshop
- Fluent in Japanese, Korean, German, Dutch or Portuguese
- Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.