Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We ask that you are a controls-focused audit professional with an accounting background and basic understanding of IT systems and infrastructure. The SOX & Internal Controls Manager will help establish and oversee our SOX compliance program for all business cycles and entities, which includes understanding the broader financial control environment, coordinating documentation, scoping and testing, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, and providing controls guidance for process and system changes. You will report to the Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Guide the build-out of the internal controls and documentation required for our ERP implementation (SAP), including overseeing the implementation of boundary system controls in partnership with business and system owners, IT, and Fintech.
- Manage compliance of internal controls over Amazon financial reporting requirements (General Reporting Controls), Systems Controls (ITAC and ITGC), and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements for financial and helping support entity level controls.
- Perform annual planning of our SOX compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality and scoping)
- Monitor process and system changes that result from our growth in transaction volume, international expansion, and automation of processes.
- Perform testing of controls and review test work papers; work with business owners to change/modify controls and documentation.
- Evaluate deficiencies, and work with control owners on remediation of identified deficiencies
- Prepare reports to the Global Controller on the status of the program
- Coordinate with Amazon internal audit regarding Twitch's internal controls
- Provide oversight and management of our SOX compliance efforts. This requires coordination with important partners to ensure that relevant risks are identified and controls are designed.
- Lead SOX walkthroughs, and manage SOX control testing to ensure appropriate evidence is obtained and findings are assessed and communicated to management.
- Minimum 5+ years of public accounting experience or SOX Audit experience at a multinational public company or firm
- Experience with operational/internal audit (preferred)
- An appropriate certification in accounting or auditing, such as a CPA, CA or CIA
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage several project assignments simultaneously
- Experience within Technology or Platform environments
- Experience with ERP implementations, such as SAP
- Detailed and team-oriented
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.