Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for a Support Operations Engineer who can help deliver an amazing quality video streaming experience for customers. The ability to understand the complete lifecycle of the customers video streaming is key in order to help guide technical resolution for customers. You will work with a wide variety of customers and dig into the deep of their issues while learning about the Twitch Video platform. The customers will likely have time-sensitive issues so the ability to go beyond and simulate customers environments is key to assisting them.
- Advise customers on how to build high-quality video transmission flows on top of Starfruit-provided features
- Manage the escalation and resolution of high severity customer-affecting issues, including out-of-hours escalations.
- Keep an open dialog with customers in order to get input on capacity needs to estimate load around a broadcast
- Work with internal service teams to learn about the features and limitations of the service to translate these to the customer.
- Help customers debug issues in their codebase that can have ripple effects on the broadcast chain.
- Solve the customers issue and replicate the environment in order to understand why a certain issue arises.
- Work on tooling and services to improve efficiency of customer issue resolution
- Document solutions to problems after the customer has seen resolution.
- Build and understand customer technical issues and ensure that customer feedback is represented to our teams
- Understand and engage on product roadmaps across the platform ensuring that customer needs are being met
- Work amongst an amazingly motivated team of software, event and operations engineers to ensure our customers get the best experience possible
- Expert knowledge of live real-time streaming broadcast workflows and web video delivery from video production through video ingestion, transcode and delivery to browser and device playback.
- Ability to dig in to services, infrastructure, metrics and code to assist engineering teams in diagnosing and fixing customer issues.
- Maintain a positive, customer focused attitude at all times
- Experience delivering in a live environment. Preferably within broadcast or streaming video
- Work with Network, Ops, Systems and Software Engineers on improving event execution, application performance and system requirements
- 2+ years experience in a client facing environment
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages (software development experience is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.