Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), Twitch is looking for a seasoned and innovative technology leader to join our executive team. In this role, you will be the most senior technical leader across the organization and will establish the overall technical vision for Twitch. You will develop the strategy and manage the Platform and Services team which includes core services, security, API's, developer productivity, client platforms, identity, data infrastructure and builder tools. You will play a cross cutting role developing the overall engineering culture within Twitch and define the tools, technologies and processes used to ensure Engineering excellence.
An ideal candidate will have led multiple, major, worldwide, technology-enabled businesses. This leader should have strong familiarity with apps, games, mobile, video, or streaming services. They are comfortable managing large engineering teams in a fast paced and fluid business environment. Perhaps most importantly, this leader has a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services.
- Provide essential leadership as Twitch grows from the leading entertainment platform for gamers to be the platform of choice for expanded audiences in various new content areas.
- Build and lead an organization that owns the development of the overall technical strategy, setting compelling direction, fostering understanding across product lines, making smart innovation, leading teams to build roadmap and deliver results.
- Proactively partner with all other organization leaders to accelerate Twitch's fly wheel by continuously creating values for creators and viewers. Build the organizational muscle across Twitch to achieve Twitch's vision.
- Continuously focus on building and developing engineering leadership talents that have the business acumen and technical capability to deliver results.
- Lead through principles consistent with Twitch values and leadership success profile. This includes the demonstrated ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performing organization, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its goals.
- 15+ years experience building and managing large engineering teams in engineering oriented companies.
- 10+ years demonstration of strong technical and engineering skills including hands-on experience as an engineer.
- Success in shipping always-connected consumer software.
- Experience working on consumer-facing products with a skew towards gaming.
- Accomplished range of skills ranging from detailed analysis to high-level strategy.
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies - committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade- offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- A technical/engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; MS in Computer Science is desired but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.