Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As the Principal Music Licensing Manager for Twitch Music, you will source, negotiate and enter into digital music agreements on a worldwide basis for the Twitch service. You will develop new deal structures and adapt existing ones, help develop the music strategy and evaluate new growth opportunities for Twitch Music outside of the US. You will report to the head of Music Licensing and Label Relations. You will work across the music team and Twitch Operations, Product, Engineering, Legal and Finance to support the Twitch Music programming strategy.
- Negotiate and execute strategic partnership deals ex-US with key music industry partners. This includes handling negotiations through to execution to ensure successful long term partnerships.
- Build and share insights and best practices based on deal performance and effectiveness; offer creative solutions.
- Develop trusted, collaborative relationships with all partners, including creating and maintaining relationships with music agents, lawyers, managers, music publishers and record companies;
- Analyse deal performance data and insights, reporting on high-level launch results;
- This is a rare opportunity to have direct influence on the evolution of live streaming of music on Twitch, present recommendations to senior management, and negotiate deals that benefit Twitch, while closely collaborating with diverse teams across the company and the globe.
- 8+ years with a digital music/media organization in a business development, legal, or commercial role
- Graduate degree, MBA or JD
- Have a track record building new, high-value digital content licensing deals that align interests among multiple business organizations
- Use data, insights and market realities to inform your recommendations, and to re-assess the tactics and resources required to achieve objectives
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programmes (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Lunch & Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.