Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The mission of the Commerce team at Twitch is to enable streamers to build their communities and make a living doing what they love. Our products empower viewers to support streamers financially, to create and amplify high-engagement moments within the live-stream experience, and to receive recognition from the streamers and communities they enjoy. As part of this team you will help develop the future of creator support on our platform.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead Data Science and Analytics for Twitch Commerce. You will build and nurture a diverse team of brilliant analysts and data scientists, leading data-driven decisions across all Commerce products.
- Hire and develop a growing team of data scientists and analysts
- Establish the vision and roadmap for the team, prioritize the most impactful analysis, and guide the team in solving ambiguous and complex problems
- Determine our overall product strategy; lead product decisions through data and insights; set goals, and identify the right levers to achieve those goals
- Lead the team to achieve reusable models that can be productized or used by operational teams
- Uncover new opportunities to use machine learning to enhance and personalize our offering
- 7+ years of experience (or MS with 5+ years) in data science or analytics roles
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing data scientists and data analysts
- Experience partnering with product teams to define goals, metrics, and experiments
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Full stack experience across data science, analytics, and data engineering
- Graduate (PhD preferred) degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Experience developing experimentation tooling and best practices
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.