Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Network Engineering team builds and operates a large global backbone network connecting over 50 points of presence (PoPs) and back-end data centers. You will work with other teams throughout the Video Platform organization to ensure Twitch service quality remains as high as possible. You will oversee network architecture and design to support broadcaster and video replication traffic on the backbone and manage the delivery of video traffic to end-users.
As video traffic and service usage grows, the network and server infrastructure must scale to support that growth. You will play a big role in that scaling, and the implementation of network and video system features to support a high-traffic multi-tenant environment. If the idea of operating and automating a large-scale network with a high volume of traffic interests you, this could be the role for you!
- Backbone, datacenter, and POP network architecture and design
- Internal and external routing policy, traffic engineering, and route reflection
- Network performance tuning
- Complex network-related projects and migrations
- Evolve and support the interaction between the network and the live video system
- Network hardware vendor and device selection
- Lead, create, and contribute to operational procedures and best practices
- Write detailed technical documentation
- Senior technical escalation point for the network and video software organizations
- 5+ years experience configuring, operating and troubleshooting protocols like OSPF, MPLS RSVP-TE, BGP, BFD
- 5+ years experience with common protocols and concepts like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, Anycast routing
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with global internet routing, peering/transit relationships, traffic engineering, troubleshooting
- 3+ years experience with low level details such as flow records, packet captures, and collating information from various sources and tools
- 3+ years experience with planning, documenting, testing, and production rollout of new network features or changes
- 3+ years proven ability to work with minimal supervision on short, medium, and long term projects
- 3+ years collaborating with and mentoring other engineers
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.