Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Communications Manager, APAC will help build and deliver proactive and reactive narratives that promote an understanding of and interest in Twitch in APAC.
You will deliver campaigns and stories across geographies. You'll work with many teams internally including partnerships, marketing, and content to promote who and what is streaming on Twitch; You'll also work with product marketing and product management to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new features, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on the benefits of what we're building. You will also collaborate with the sales team to promote revenue stories and demonstrate the unique opportunities for advertisers on Twitch while also supporting the broader communications team in crisis and issues management. You will report to the Director of Communications and be supported by a network of agencies.
You are creative and comfortable working with media, on tight deadlines and juggling several priorities. You are motivated, passionate, and positive with great attention to detail. You have experience in and passion for the scope of the communications landscape and can quickly build trusted relationships with team members, think and work across teams, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Execute strategic plans and tell stories to help build Twitch's brand in the consumer, corporate and B2B landscapes
- Manage agency relationships across geographies
- Help develop proactive and reactive communications plans and campaigns to be deployed across geographical locations
- Tailor global storytelling to different markets
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters
- Develop and support strategic speaking opportunities for company executives
- Craft the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- 5+ years of experience in public relations
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Japanese or Korean language skills
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.