Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Do you enjoy envisioning, creating and delivering new educational and e-learning programs? Have you built technical education programs and content that made people successful in their jobs? Would you like working in a fun, creative environment with people around you (remotely of course)? If so, Twitch is looking for you! We are seeking an experienced Instructional Design Program Manager to build training solutions that educate, enable, and empower engineers at Twitch to build amazing apps for live streaming.
You will help develop the strategy and vision for engineering education at Twitch. As part of the Engineering Builder Platform team, you'll create educational programs that have a significant impact on engineering quality and the developer experience at Twitch. You will work with SMEs to build and provide scalable training solutions for engineers at Twitch. You will help strategize and select learning management systems that accomplish our goals. You will report to the Sr. Director of Operational Excellence and partner with our parent company Amazon to identify relevant training opportunities that Twitch can use.
You have instructional design experience combined with good program management skills to create and execute their vision. You are eager to meet with partners and customers to learn their technologies and processes to create the right vision, strategy, and content for Twitch engineering.
- Promote engineering education programming at Twitch
- Work with engineering leaders, stakeholders, customers and SMEs on the development of training content
- Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with different training strategies
- Provide content and class feedback to course developers to improve on curriculum quality
- Grow the number of qualified facilitators by developing "train the trainer" programs and ensure that facilitator knowledge is kept up-to-date
- 5+ years experience designing, creating, and delivering training for software engineers.
- Technical degree or equivalent recent experience that shows depth of technical ability with programming and software deployment skills
- Proven e-learning design and development experience and experience with designing, developing, and delivering and blended learning strategies.
- Experience using Learning Management Systems to improve the delivery of training solutions.
- Expertise creating mechanisms and metrics to evaluate performance of learning tools
- Knowledge of AWS tools and concepts is a large bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.