Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As the Director of Social EMEA you will be the strategic leader for all social content marketing at Twitch throughout the continent. A visionary marketer and specialist in your space, you'll have vast experience in demonstrating best-in-class social media activity for an array of brands and disciplines, whilst being at the forefront of the latest industry trends. You'll have built and optimised international digital operations and demonstrated tangible growth to business metrics as a result of your integrated campaigns.
You'll be internationally focused and experienced, with cross-country and team collaboration at the core of your competencies and approach to operating. Your perspective on how to best manipulate creative tone and design on different platforms will be crucial, but equally matched by your analytical skill in consistently optimising social outputs to achieve organisational goals. You will have multiple years experience with essential platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Reddit and others.
You will have an expansive international remit encompassing UK, DE, FR, IT & ES. You will report into the Marketing Director EMEA, and will integrate cohesively with global counterparts in the US, notably the Head of Global Social based in San Francisco. You will be based in London, albeit remotely in the initial months.
- Oversee the social media strategy, content production and media approach for Twitch across all of EMEA
- Manage the international relationship with our social media agency centrally, and support functions in many domestic markets.
- Develop KPIs and strategy, following always-on analytical reporting of campaigns.
- Lead all content production for multiple social channels in multiple markets week-on-week.
- Develop a social media playbook for the content, working in tandem with global peers to align best practice.
- Crisis management responsibilities across the continent
- Balance the needs of partners including marketing, content and BD, breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Report into the Marketing Director of EMEA
- 10+ years of experience as a leader within the specialist field of Social Media
- A professional who brings positivity to the role and our online community through many content franchises.
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns.
- Experience building social media strategy and operations from the ground up in a relevant industry or organization.
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects.
- Experience in building social teams at scale, internationally.
- Strong perspective on creative culture and practice.
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Ability to be scrappy. Startup mentality with clear approach to building over time
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.