Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager brings coveted, branded merchandise to our legion of fans worldwide. We're looking for a customer-obsessed leader and true business owner who conceptualize products that speak to our community and brings them to market. You look to analytics to guide your decisions. You work with vendors to dial in the fine details to bring your product vision to life. You rely on strong relationships with collaborators across departments to help launch and market your assortment to capture audiences. Your experience will directly help build foundational processes to help us scale for growth in 2021+ beyond.
Merchandise is an arm within the Twitch Marketing organization. You will report directly to the Head of Merchandising.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Twitch brand, ethos, audience segmentation, and our merchandise-specific customer profile
- Oversee up to 6 global digital marketplaces on Amazon, including USA, UK, EU, Canada, Japan, and Australia
- Manage up to 2 live events in the USA (1) and Europe (1) in typical years
- Lead Twitch's entire swag program, which encompasses employee and public gifting programs
- Determine comprehensive strategies for future seasons by assessing customer insights (reviews, feedback), market trends, campaign postmortems
- Develop product roadmaps and provide creative input that address category opportunities
- Inventory Management: Analyze sales figures and current trends to create a merchandise plan including promotional and markdown schedule to meet sell-through targets and reduce inventory liabilities and achieves profitability upside
- Implement Go to Market strategies to bring products and campaigns to life, coordinating with company partners (including Creative, Social, Communications, Amazon Prime team, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Content, Partnerships, and Marketing teams) and external agencies
- Ensure product launch Budget management, for campaigns online and offline
- Optimize campaigns performance by tracking measurements like conversion, click-through rate, impressions, engagement, exit surveys, customer satisfaction
- Work with Creative teams on product and visual design strategies and ensure all work output is on par with brand guidelines
- Work with vendor base to improve supply chain logistics, troubleshoot any delays in delivery and pivot campaigns accordingly
- Source new vendors for custom-made goods and off-the-shelf solutions
- Determine competitive pricing for products locally
- Create, adjust, receive, and ensure payment on all Purchase Orders
- Respond to customer inquiries (on Amazon externally) and employees
- Present at weekly team meetings and potentially at company-wide All Hands meetings
- Manage sample procurement and details processes
- 8+ years work experience in merchandising, buying, demand planning, marketing, or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs proficient knowledge of pivot tables, lookups
- A honed product eye - you have great business sense and can curate an assortment for the target audience, even if your personal tastes differ
- Excellent and efficient written communicator that's audience-specific
- Detective skills - you can quickly mine for the right contacts to troubleshoot and escalate issues
- Collaborative mindset; you can partner with teams across the organization who have no knowledge of retail or merchandising yet still arrive at solutions
- A penchants for presenting ideas and direction that lead others to action
- Story-telling skills that sell ideas, gains broad agreement, and pushes merchandise to new avenues
- Retail math proficiency
- Process Management: create and organize work and processes to in the most efficient manner
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages and more)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.