Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s social channels are a reflection of our brand, colorful creators and communities, and unique sense of humor. A key channel for us to keep our communities informed on what’s brewing at Twitch. They’re also essential for us to understand what our community is talking about and what matters to them the most.
As the Social Media Lead, Asia Pacific you will help set the vision, shape the strategy, and oversee execution across Twitch’s social media channels, current and new. You will work with our country marketing leads and the locally appointed social media agencies. You’ll help establish goals and processes to ensure content is fresh and engaging
You foster an environment of creativity and encourage experimentation, and you're passionate about the creators and communities on Twitch. You can operate at a strategic level, setting goals, getting agreement among stakeholders, and at the tactical level, ability to take the controls yourself when needed. While you have a good eye for creative and copy, you are informed by the numbers too. You bring verve to your projects and gain the trust of partners easily. You are plugged into upcoming social media trends and play the role to
The Social Media Lead, APAC will report into the Senior Director Marketing, APAC and work from Twitch’s APAC region HQ in Singapore.
- Develop and execute the vision for Social Media in Asia Pacific
- Have experience with social media channels in APAC and have developed strategies unique to each (in particular Twitter, Instagram, Snap, Facebook )
- Ensure programs and content map to Twitch's marketing and business strategy and reflect brand tone and voice in a local context in markets in APAC
- Work in partnership with country marketing and content teams to understand their needs and provide compelling campaigns that support their goals
- Set and report metrics that help raise the bar on performance, and allow internal partners to better understand how their campaigns are performing
- Work with teams in America and EMEA to share knowledge and ideas and to localize global campaigns to APAC
- Manage and work with external agencies
- 6+ years’ experience working in online communities social media, digital marketing, or equivalent
- Experience writing compelling copy and developing creative social campaigns
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Familiarity with social media analysis and reporting and using tools.
- A strong understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
- Up-to-date knowledge of news and current events and are interested in pop- and gaming- culture and trends
- In-depth knowledge of Twitch and its community a plus
- Only Singaporeans to apply to the role
Estimated Duration of Assignment: 12 months
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.